Getting started

Recommend your best suppliers!

1 to 10 of 10 posts

Bridezilla

if this isn't allowed of course I won't mind it being deleted but since I have no affiliation with any of these I thought it might be a good idea particularly for future brides to see where other people have gone and their experiences! Absolutely no fake recommendations or businesses advertising themselves please. We've not had our wedding yet but we've had lots of good experiences so far!

We're getting married in Northumberland at high house Farm brewery who are also our caterers.

Our photographer is so lovely, her name is Claire and her company name is unscripted photography. She's really quick with replies and so helpful with any questions I've pestered her with. Her style of photography is documentary style with vintage aesthetic. We met her in person at a fayre and she was willing to put her "dirty" burger down to speak to us which was when I knew she was a real professional lmao I would've stuffed it down my gullet.

Also an etsy supplier, magaela accessories, made my floral crown and belt and she's the reason I wanted to make this thread. She was so fast with replies and fantastic to work with. She knew just what I wanted and asked less of questions and worked to a budget and made it in 2 weeks. She sent me pictures to check if was ok and I asked her to add bits and she did straight away without charging extra or anything. 

New bride

Great Idea!!! I worked with 'Feel Good Invites' on Esty for my invitations. Really fantastic with communication, and the quality of the invitations was amazing x 

Wedding addict

BOA Boutique in Richmond - bought my wedding dress here and I can’t speak highly enough of the ladies who work here!

Bridezilla

Our caterer is definitely our best find so far. They’re Kent/Sussex based and called Chic n Cheerful. Diane the lovely lady that heads it came to our house and did a beautiful afternoon tea taster. We’re also getting use of their cash bar and they’ve thrown their wedding car in for free, all within our tight budget.

Bridezilla

Where are you getting married MrsPBtobe? Just being nosy as I live on Kent/East Sussex border!

I would totally recommend my venue so far, The Barn - communication is great and they are just really helpful and transparent, which I like.

Would also recommend Go Bridal in Tunbridge Wells who went above and beyond in letting me have a second appointment when I'd already bought my dress in their sample sale, just so I could twirl around in it and show it off to my MIL & bridesmaid 😂

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

My favourite supplier is the lady who made my wedding dress - not really a wedding supplier, but for anyone wanting something bespoke and different in London - google Christina Dettmers Costume Design. 

Firewhite on Etsy who made our wedding rings; they are gorgeous and she is marvellous. 

In general my experience of Uk based Etsy suppliers has been really good! Got some lovely cufflinks for my OH on here as well. 

Bridezilla

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Where are you getting married MrsPBtobe? Just being nosy as I live on Kent/East Sussex border!

Sorry ive only just seen this. We’re getting Married in Horsham and then our reception is in Barnham so we’re more Sussex then Kent.

New bride

Our evening food was provided by Hermanos Paella in Totnes - https://www.hermanospaella.co.uk/ and I've recommended him loads as the food was amazing, super-professional,  even cooked us all breakfast the next day while he waited for the field to dry so he could get his van out. 

New bride

It can be so confusing trawling through Google can't it!! 

I haven't bought anything on etsy yet but I really love the site and I've bookmarked a few of the sellers on there for bits of decorations and also bridesmaid jewellery - I'll update when I buy! 

My photographer is really great and so lovely we knew straight away we wanted to book with her. Her pictures are amazing and I know we're going to feel really comfortable with her which we were worried about. She travels for weddings so it was ok that she doesn't live by our venue and she just seems really funny and down to earth too!! 

Her site is www.samanthakayphotography.co.uk

I've not booked too much else yet because it's still quite early in our planning so I'll be following this thread for lots of ideas!