Emotional support

Any 2018 bride to be's out there?

1 to 20 of 1,885 posts

Bridezilla

Hello, My names Kate and I get married in March 2018!

Bridezilla

Hello, another March 2018 bride here x

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Wedding addict

May 2018 for me too xxx

Bridezilla

March 2018 for me too!!!  how is your planning going? Xx

My planning thread: 

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/ramblings-of-an-overexcited-bride-to-be-planning-our-march-2018-big-day/426845.html

Bridezilla

Another 2018 bride to be here!!! :) September 22nd is our official date! Roll on 2017, I can finally begin to say to people 'im getting married NEXT YEAR' sounds so much better haha

Bridezilla

That's what I've been saying.... As soon as it hits 1st Jan I can say 'I'm getting married next year' woo hoo.

To be honest, time seems to be dragging a bit now.. I'm just too impatient, lol.

Dress is ordered.. The one I wanted was going to be discontinued, so if I wanted it... I had to order it.

Registrar booked, venue booked and hotel for the evening do is booked.

also booked photographer.

I can't do anything else until March... Still need to put a deposit down on where we are going for the main meal and they said to phone back March next year.

Been looking around for ideas on flowers, cakes, invites and all the little bits.... But can't find anything I really like yet.

Bridezilla

as soon as next year rolls around I'm sure itl fly by!! :) I have my first official wedding dress appointment on the 15th December which I'm excited but nervous about..cant wait to finally start trying on all these beautiful dresses!

so far we have our venue booked, registrar, our flowers ordered, our wedding cake and little favours, horse and carriage booked and photographer...we have a videographer lined up but we are thinking about changing him as he didn't want a deposit so I'm abit concerned about him actually turning up on the day.. I'm now onto planing our centrepieces but struggling! I just seem to want more and more lol

Bridezilla

29th August 2018. People keep telling me it's ages away, then look all shocked when they realise we have been engaged for nearly a year already so time is flying by!!

I have booked the venue, and the registar. Found my photographer and I'm booking her at the end of the this month (so excited as she is a real geek just like me and my OH). 

I have a cake tasting in Jan, and we are ordering our cake toppers then too. I'm sorting out the venue decorations (fairy lights and drapes) in Jan too. 

Then it's on to crafting for me to see if I can actually make decent paper flowers... if not a florist is next on my list 😂

Bridezilla

So far we have booked the venue, registrar, cake, photographer and transport. 

My dress has been delivered, going to to see it on the 19th December. Very excited! I have my flower girls dresses, they were in the BHS closing down sale and managed to get the two for £36 when it should have been nearly £100 for the two. 

I am on the crafting projects now. We are doing a lot of DIY! Just finished making the mini bunting and will start on the jam jars after Christmas. We have started planning our invites but can't really do much more on those until we give notice in March. 

We know what suits we want and will be booking those in February. I am hoping wed2be release their new bridesmaid collection in the new year.

I know what I like for flowers but struggling to find a florist I like. Vetoed three so far. Not good. 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Bridezilla

I was thinking of having a bouquet for me but corsages for the bridesmaids... But not sure.

Have some wedding fairs Lined up for next year but my mum doesn't seem very 'happy' and doesn't mention the wedding.  Trying to surround myself with people who actually want to help and are happy/excited for me.. As my mum is bringing me down a bit.

Where are we all?  I'm in Norfolk.

Bridezilla

Badgersbetty wrote (see post):

I was thinking of having a bouquet for me but corsages for the bridesmaids... But not sure.

Have some wedding fairs Lined up for next year but my mum doesn't seem very 'happy' and doesn't mention the wedding.  Trying to surround myself with people who actually want to help and are happy/excited for me.. As my mum is brining me down a bit.

Where are we all?  I'm in Norfolk.

My mum blows hot and cold. At the moment she is onboard with the wedding ideas but that can soon change.

I'm in South Wales.  

Bridezilla

Haven't even mentioned the dress to my mum, if she can't be bothered.. I can't be bothered to show her.  I know what will happen, she will get in a strop because she didn't come with me.

😃

Bridezilla

My mum was a nightmare I've the dress. Until the weekend before we went shopping and she suddenly changed her tune. 

Bridezilla

I'm in sutton.

I haven't even started looking at dresses yet I'm avoiding it until I loose a bit more weight.  

Bridezilla

Nothing stopping you looking and trying on 👍🏻😃

Wedding addict

I'm May 2018, East Yorkshire :)

We've booked the venue, registrar, photographer and saxophonist to play during the ceremony, drinks reception and meal. My aunty is making my wedding cake. Not started looking at anything else yet. 

Oh, save the date cards have been ordered :)

Bridezilla

Badgersbetty wrote (see post):

Nothing stopping you looking and trying on 👍🏻😃

No true. People keep telling me to do it. 😀 Maybe in the new year when the retail rush of xmas is over. (I work in retail 😢).

Bridezilla

I walked into a bridal shop and just asked to have a look... They were fine with that.

Its nice to see where you stand in the wedding dress world, lol.