1. They’re constantly asking you to do couples gym session but you can’t think of anything worse…
2. Because wasn’t walking up those stairs exercise enough?
3. You have the bed all to yourself in the morning because they’ve been at the gym since 6am.
4. At the weekends you sleep a full two (sometimes three) hours more than them, because who would choose lifting weights over a lie in?
5. You do get annoyed about the smugness when they walk in all fresh and perky and you’re already on your second cup of coffee/pancake.
6. The guilt when you suggest a takeaway and it’s not a ‘cheat night’.
7. You instantly regret it when you do agree to a gym session and they shout at you because you’re not doing the exercises right.
8. “Macro, protein, kettle bells” blah blah blah it all sounds the same to you.
9. Once a week though, they’ll allow themselves cheat meals and it’s the best night of the week because you can both have steak and chips.
10. They’ll say “oh darling do you think I’ve put on weight?” and you’ll look down at your little belly and instantly want to slap them.
11. You’re not too keen on all those protein bars and shakes they keep pushing on you. The packet says it’s like cookies or a milkshake but it’s ALL LIES.
12. Those scales you used to use for baking? Their sole use is now to weigh raw chicken and steak, because you have to watch your protein intake.
13. You sometimes joke that they’ve got a gym boyfriend/girlfriend, that’s how much time they spend there.
14. Sometimes you even like going to the gym because at least it’s quality time together.
15. On the plus side of things, it is essentially like having your very own personal trainer, for free.
16. If only you can motivate yourself ever so slightly to go regularly.
18. But if you’re honest, it all sounds so exhausting. You’d rather keep your belly and have those extra fries rather than spending two hours on the treadmill.
19. You will admit all that toning is quite easy on the eye though.
20. And you don’t mind a bit of sweat either…
21. There’s no better person to motivate you, and you do get a pat on the back if you put in the effort. Even if it is just 10 squats.